Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

On Friday, my keiki and I went to a friend's house to dye eggs. There were 5 kids altogether and they dyed 48 eggs (well, I dyed a couple, see the ones with the rubber bands?). The really creative eggs were done by the two older girls (10y & 6y).
It was a rainy and pretty dreary day, but, it was brightened with the colorful eggs. They even made their own vanilla ice cream with crushed Oreo cookies. Yum! It was a really fun day. What's Easter without the dyed eggs (and fingers)? Wanna know a great way to eat those egg salad sandwiches? Mix in chopped Char Siu. It adds a whole lof of flavor.
Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Hi Joni! I love your blog! Welcome! Looking forward to more of your posts!! I'll definately be back to visit I'll have to add you to my blog list too! Happy Easter and thanks for the tip on those ono egg sandwiches!! xo, Teri

Denise said...

Those eggs look so yummy! I am craving an egg salad sandwich now. LOL